Sunday, January 9, 2011

Do all to the glory of God

Over the last 6 months or so our family has grown stronger in our faith than we have ever been. Even as individuals Bryan and I have grown closer to the Lord and especially each other. It can be hard to change your life and get away from the things and corruption of this world, but with faith and putting my trust in the Lord I have been able to change my life for the better! 


The Bible tells us to follow Jesus, to love as Jesus loved, to share the gospel with others. How can we do that if we do not strive to LIVE like Jesus?! Jesus had no sin. None of us can ever achieve absolute sinlessness, but we can try our best to live as the Lord would have us and when we ask, He will forgive our sins if we have trusted Him as our Savior. When I think of things I like to do or want to do I always try to remember to question it first, would this glorify my Lord? Would my Father be proud of what I did, pat me on the back and say "Good job, my child!" 


1 Corinthians 10:31   "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 


That passage of scripture is a wonderful stepping stone for the choices we, especially as Christians, should make in our lives and like all scripture I take it very seriously and try to apply it to my life daily and in all things I do.

With that being said, here I have made this blog because I love to share the things going on in my life. I don't think I'm a huge inspiration to anyone but I do try to be encouraging to others if I can. I want to write about life and the good things in it. Sometimes I tend to think about things too hard and I really have to take a step back and not worry myself so much. The Lord will provide for us when the time is right and I believe that for everything, even in my want to write and share things... if I wait on the Lord He will give to me what I need! If I wrote every time I had the urge I'd ramble on like a crazy person and have 5 or 6 posts a day, and nobody would pay much attention. Nobody probably  pays attention anyway lol!

I pray that whatever I do write about is what the Lord would have it be, and that if somebody does pay attention they will gain something from it!


~Lisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments so please leave one about my post before continuing on your creative journey!