Friday, January 14, 2011

How do you describe love...

**Updated 2/14/2013**
I don't often update posts but as I'm growing I do scroll back through my earlier posts and think of things that have changed in my life. Some posts I feel need to be updated. I'm not trying to hide anything, just hoping to add inspiration :)


John 15:12   This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 

Hold your breath. I will be honest here... my husband and I don't really do much for Valentine's Day. *GASP!* I know., crazy! To us it's just another day. We don't exchange gifts, send flowers, give cards. Yeaaah, we did that back in high school but we were young and, quite frankly, dumb. I'm not saying that stuff is dumb. Some people love it! And it's not that we ignore the day. I'm sure we will share an extra I love you or two and a few more kisses. We just do things a little differently at times I suppose. It's kind of hard to avoid the day completely when it's so widely celebrated!

I still want to use today as a time to spread the love. Bible love, that is. I believe that without God's love I can not truly love others. His love allows my husband and I to love each other the way Christ loves the church. It is how He wants us to love so our foundation is built upon that. It wasn't always built that way. It took a little time but we finally made it.

If I know my husband loves me this way, that's all I need for Valentine's Day :)

I wanted to keep this post simple. I shared in The Wise Woman more about my marriage and how I do my very best to make it work the way God intended. I hope you will take a moment and read it!

char·i·ty - Christian love; agape.

1 Corinthians 13:1   Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2
  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3
  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4
  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5   Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6
  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7
  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8
  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9
  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10
  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11
  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12
  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13
  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

2 comments:

  1. I love 1 Chorinthians 13! I had to memorize it in 4th grade and I still know most of it. I'm thinking I should make my kids learn it. Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm awful at memorizing anything but numbers, social security numbers, drivers license number (who needs to memorize their DL #?!) but I could just never grasp memorizing words all too well lol.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments so please leave one about my post before continuing on your creative journey!